[ecf-dev] OSGi-ECF-Mgmt-Ui

Hi there,

now i dived deeper into the MTO structure.

And would like discuss an issue.

Wouldn't it be a good idea, to enrich the MTOs. For instance, the BundleMTO does not provide the start level. So an additional service request for each bundle to IBundleManager#getBundleStartLevel() is required to get the BundleStartLevelMTO.

Indeed, the bundle and its start level are separated by the spec. But for the management UI it would increase performance, if we could reduce server request. Specially if the mgmt.framework is provided by RS or RSA.

A similar example is BundleWireMTO. providerWiring and requirerWiring returns an int value for the wiring. Maybe we could preload things in the manager host and return WiringMTO instead or additional.

Maybe that is not possible for reason. But i would really appreciate these changes.

If you (Scott) accept these enhancements, then i would love to implement them.

Best Florian

Back to the top