Re: [ecf-dev] Asyncproxy and Java 7

Can't You remove that v8 bundle?

Sent from Blue Mail

On Feb 20, 2015, at 16:42, Dario Foresti <Dario.Foresti@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In April 2014, Scott Lewis wrote:

"We arrange some set of features (maybe exactly what we have now, maybe not...I'm not sure) so that *both* versions of asyncproxy are installed into consumer's runtimes (Eclipse, other p2 users, or others...e.g. Karaf). Why do this? My thinking is this: This way, at framework startup time if both 1.0 and 2.0 versions of async proxy are present, and the java version being used is < J8, then the asyncproxy 1.0 version will resolve and be wired to, while if the java version is >= j8 then the 2.0 version will be used/wired. If my thinking is right on this, then this would mean that J8 users of ECF would have to do absolutely nothing to use this new CompletableFutures with async proxies....if they ran using j8 then the async proxy use of CF would/will 'just work'."

Now I'm using remote OSGI on a framework running on a java 7 environment. I can't use java 8 because the destination system of the product will be an IBM Power8 with Linux and for now a java 8 JVM is not available for this system. When the OSGI framework starts ( on a test system with Windows 7, Eclipse Luna and Java-SE1.7 execution environment ), in console I have this error message:

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.eclipse.ecf.remoteservice.asyncproxy [1248]
  Unresolved requirement: Require-Capability: osgi.ee; filter:="(&(osgi.ee=JavaSE)(version=1.8))"

It seems like the system always loads the 2.0 version of asyncproxy bundle (that require a J8 environment) instead of the right 1.0 version for J7.
So, only for my tests it seems that the Scott Lewis solution based on Require-Capability filters and multiple version bundles does not work properly. But it is possible that i'm doing something wrong.

Anyone can help me?
And, if the solution really does not work, what can i do for load and wire the correct version of asyncproxy bundle?

Any help will be very appreciate.

Thanks.

Dario

ecf-dev mailing list