[ecf-dev] Using JMS provider for remote service distribution

Hello,

I'm experimenting with different providers for remote service distribution and in this case I'm trying to switch to the ECF JMS/ActiveMQ provider.

I downloaded the projects from https://github.com/ECF/JMS and after exporting "org.eclipse.ecf.provider.jms" and "org.eclipse.ecf.provider.jms.activemq", included them in my project.

Then I switched the "service.exported.configs" property of the exported service to "ecf.jms.activemq.tcp.client". I also added "ecf.endpoint.connecttarget.id" property with the value of "tcp://activemq_server_ip_here:61616/topic".

I was already using zookeeper, thus I didn't make any modifications on the client side, let it be discovered automatically.

The result was this: I saw that both the client and server makes a connection to the ActiveMQ server, send some messages, however, they both end up with "connect failed", "timeout waiting for response" errors.

I've been searching for examples, or questions in this context, but unfortunately I couldn't find much to help. After going through the code a while, I suspect that there should be a ecf.jms.activemq.tcp.server container somewhere, to respond to the connect messages that clients fail to get response.

Is there an example project anywhere that uses JMS provider for remote service distribution? If not, can you point me to the right direction; where am I doing wrong?

Regards,
Muammer Eroglu

Back to the top