Re: [ecf-dev] Discussion: Mars simultaneous release participation

Hi Scott, Others,

Please see the comments inline.

Thanks and Regards,
Harshana
--
Harshana Eranga Martin
Senior Software Engineer

ECF Committer: http://www.eclipse.org/ecf/
Blog: http://harshana05.blogspot.com
Profile: https://www.google.com/profiles/harshana05

On 14 November 2014 02:06, Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 11/13/2014 5:39 AM, Harshana Eranga Martin wrote:

Hi Scott, et al,

I woild like to help the release work.

Great, thanks for your commitment.

One question:   There will be ECF release work whether or not we participate in the Mars simultaneous release, are you also implying/saying that you believe that it's important for ECF to participate in Mars SR?

Yes. Personally I think it would be beneficial to our consumers.

Do you have a view on that you would like to express?

Like we have discussed before, participating in the release will not increase the visibility of the Project in any way I can think of. However participating in the SR will make it convenient for our consumer base to consume the Project which I think is important. Thus I think it would be good to take part in it.

Appreciate if you can inform the plan earliest so that i can plan in advance.

The simultaneous release plan for Mars is here:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Mars/Simultaneous_Release_Plan

Because of filetransfer, ECF is a -1 project...i.e. we have to produce a build of the filetransfer components consumed by Equinox approximately one week *prior* to the platform's +0 release. Although strictly speaking this only applies to ECF filetransfer components, in practice it does mean that we usually have to complete our development and releng work prior to the +0 deadlines.

Noted Scott!

Scott