Re: [ecf-dev] SLP Discovery

On 10/19/2014 7:48 AM, Wim Jongman wrote:
Hi,

I am using a remote service with SLP discovery. I notice that it sometimes takes up to a minute before the service is discovered and proxied. It does not hurt my use case but I wonder why this is.

Is it a timer based polling?
Can I force a discovery cycle?

I think Markus and Jan are the proper folks to fully answer these questions.

In the mean time, I do know that it is possible to set slp discovery properties that affect the frequency of slp discovery, as the properties below are set in the the jslp launch config [1].   I believe these are documented on wiki somewhere (e.g. with defaults), but I can't immediately find the page.

I think the net.slp.rediscover=15000 below sets the rediscover frequency to 1 every 15 seconds, for example.

Scott

[1] http://git.eclipse.org/c/ecf/org.eclipse.ecf.git/tree/tests/bundles/org.eclipse.ecf.tests.provider.jslp/org.eclipse.ecf.tests.provider.jslp.launch

launch config properties

-Dnet.slp.port=65427
-Dnet.slp.interfaces=127.0.0.1
-Dnet.slp.rediscover=15000
-Dch.ethz.iks.slp.debug=false
-Dnet.slp.traceDATraffic=false
-Dnet.slp.traceMsg=false
-Dnet.slp.traceDrop=false
-Dnet.slp.traceReg=false
-Dnet.slp.failercount=3
-Dnet.slp.multicastTimeouts=10,25,50,100,250,500,1000
-Dnet.slp.multicastMaximumWait=2000

Cheers,

Wim