Re: [ecf-dev] Zookeeper discovery

On 7/30/2014 7:51 AM, Alex Blewitt wrote:
Ah, I thought it was but I couldn’t remember :)

By the way, is there interest in an etcd provider for ECF?

Yes.

https://github.com/coreos/etcd

It uses a fairly simple HTTP/JSON message system to upload entries, and provides a watch mechanism for listing and subscribing to updates.

https://github.com/coreos/etcd/blob/master/Documentation/api.md#waiting-for-a-change

If you use ?wait=true&recursive=true you can get the next change, and with &waitIndex=<index> you can make sure you don’t miss out any values in the interim. (The index is a long global counter which is reported back via a X-Etcd-Index value as well as to the response for a next change)

If there’s a bug, let me know - otherwise I can create one.

There isn't one yet...yes, please create a bug.

It would be great if we could jointly create an etcd discovery provider on ECF's github location [1]. I would be willing to contribute to such an effort, but I'm going to be pretty occupied by the OSGi R6 work (ECF 3.9) and the raspberry pi/rs tutorial work over the next month. If we could get Wim and/or Markus to contribute also that would be great, since they are the most knowledgeable about the discovery API and existing discovery providers (which can/should be borrowed from for etcd provider design at least). And of course any other contributors are welcome.

In any event, let's coordinate via the bug, once created.

Thanks,

Scott

[1] https://github.com/ECF

Back to the top