[ecf-dev] java 8 and the builder

Hi Folks,

Currently we have 5 projects on the builder that are failing...these projects are failing not because compile/build is failing but rather because the tests cannot start/be run...essentially because of the newly added support for Java 8 to ECF (which of course can't be run on < Java 8).

I don't have the capacity right now to make the necessary changes/updates to the builder for java8 support...and so what I would like to do is to temporarily disable the automated test runs...just for these 5 projects (which all use/refer to the java 8 remoteservices code). The reason this is important is that for Luna it would be useful to have a recent build of these 5 projects...both the p2 repos and the karaf install metadata that these build projects create.

My question (for Markus and/or Wim I guess) is: what is the best way to temporarily disable the tests for these projects? They all use the Template-BuildAndTest build template...would it be best to change this to Template-Build?...or would it be better to leave it as Template-BuildAndTest and (e.g.) remove or comment out some properties? Or something else?

The desire is to re-enable these automated tests as soon as the java 8 support can be introduced to our builder...consequently I want to minimize the changes to these 5 build projects. I'm just not sure what the best way to do that is...given the existing structure of these projects.

Thanks,

Scott

Back to the top