Re: [ecf-dev] service discovery working even if port mis configured

Hi Scott,

I don't think I understand what exactly you mean by 'stopping the host'. Do you mean just remote service unregistration?...or do you mean unceremonious host shutdown (e.g. kill -9 ), or something in between, or ?
<deleted>
I'm not sure. I think it hinges on what you want WRT the 'stopping the host' and the 'restart leading to new bind event'.
short answer: in any case ;)

We have a RCP client using service(s) of a single server instance. When that server goes down (software update, network problem, crash etc) the client can continue to work (just can't use these services in that time), but need a way to reconnect/rediscover the service when the server is online again....(without Client restart)

in the end the client needs to get an unbind when the service is not available and a bind when he is online again.

I hope that this explanation is somehow more clear ;)

Thanks,
Peter

Back to the top