Re: [ecf-dev] service discovery working even if port mis configured

Hi Peter,

On 4/22/2014 3:22 AM, Peter Hermsdorf wrote:
<stuff deleted>

I've done this before myself (create/manipulate EDEF...dynamically create a new bundle...and start the new bundle to trigger RS discovery) on behalf of another user of OSGi Remote Services...so I'm quite sure it works properly.

Is there some example code for this dynamic EDEF approach you can point me to?

Because the work that I describe above was for a client, I can't make that available publicly.

However, there are some ECF test cases that do this. Specifically, see AbstractEndpointDescriptionWriterTest

http://git.eclipse.org/c/ecf/org.eclipse.ecf.git/tree/tests/bundles/org.eclipse.ecf.tests.osgi.services.remoteserviceadmin/src/org/eclipse/ecf/tests/osgi/services/remoteserviceadmin/AbstractEndpointDescriptionWriterTest.java

This test class refers to EDEFBundleGenerator...which given some input information creates and writes a bundle that contains dynamically generated EDEF...using the EndpointDescriptionWriter class that I described before.

Hopefully this will get you well on the way. At some point in the future...if desired...I could probably refactor and move the EDEFBundleGenerator into ECF API rather than test code, but this can't happen right away as we are closing in on Luna freeze). Or...if you are able...given your arrangement...you could create such a utility class (i.e. for dynamically creating and installing an 'edef bundle') and contribute it to ECF. Please consider doing that...it would make a nice community addition.

Thanks,

Scott

Back to the top