Re: [ecf-dev] Java8 support

Wim and/or Markus...if you could reset my password via sudo and communicate it to me I would appreciate.

Once I get past the above, I'll install j8 and do as [1] describes.

But I need to ask about:

and set the bundle's BREE accordingly.

This has already been done...i.e. here's the BREE in the org.eclipse.ecf.remoteservice.asyncproxy.j8 project (version 2.0 of o.e.e.remoteservice.asyncproxy):

Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: JavaSE-1.8

Question about buckminster: Is this all that's needed to trigger the use of 1.8 to compile only this version (2.0) of this bundle? Or is there some other buckminster metadata that's needed?

Assuming the above is all that's needed...what will Buckminster do (in terms of compiler selection) for compiling all the other ECF bundles (i.e. those that hava BREE of < J8)? ...e.g. will it use the J8 compiler anyway? Or will it actually use one of the < J8 BREEs. I guess this is basically asking how Buckminster selects that compiler version...for a given BREE?

Thanks,

Scott