Re: [ecf-dev] ECF's 3.8 maven repo

On 3/14/2014 9:48 AM, Markus Alexander Kuppe wrote:
On 03/14/2014 03:36 PM, Scott Lewis wrote:
Ok.   For my info...is all that's necessary to copy the
karaf-features.xml file?...or does something more have to be done? (It's
been a while since I've looked at the Maven meta data structure).
I have no idea if that is all that's necessary. So far I lived under the
impression that a karaf-feature.xml simply lists the bundles to be
installed. I don't know if this is different for a maven repo.

Yeah, you are right that the karaf-feature.xml simply lists the bundles to be installed...and it works fine with URL [1] on Karaf right now.

The reason I'm doing this is that Karaf *also* can address maven repos directly for installing karaf features...using some sort of maven double secret karaf features metadata apparently. A few folks on the karaf users lists apparently have a particular affection for installing karaf features from maven repos rather than direct URLs (the web console and command line console both take URLs)...and so I'm trying to accommodate them...since we now create ECF maven repos...as well as p2 repos...and karaf features.

If anyone out there knows how karaf features work with maven repos specifically please provide pointers and I'll figure it out.

Thanks,

Scott

[1] http://download.eclipse.org/rt/ecf/latest/site.p2/karaf-features.xml

M.