Re: [ecf-dev] refactoring remote service features

Hi Pablo,

On 2/6/2014 10:35 AM, Pablo García Sánchez wrote:
"4) Still provide an 'all-in-one' feature (org.eclipse.ecf.remoteservice.sdk) that contains everything."

Not exactly.   We currently distribute the following:

1) p2 repo (via a single zip or URL) [see 1].  To clarify...this has all the ECF bundles, along with the features metadata above
2) maven repo [2] along with karaf metadata.

I assume by your question that you would like a single bundle distribution.   If that's true would you consider expressing that...along with some details (e.g. about what all you would like to see in such a single bundle...e.g. remote services I assume?...along with all/some providers?...examples?..target framework environments? ...etc)...on bug 409787?  Also info about the use case would be helpful...e.g. a single bundle distribution...for learning/running examples...or for integration into some other/your build...and/or something else?

And just to explain:   creating a single bundle distribution is less a feature refactoring than it is adding another distribution format to ECF's build.   We are willing to do such a thing if that's what's needed, but we are currently lacking releng resources...and so any contributions/help with releng would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/ecf/downloads.php
[2] http://build.ecf-project.org/