Re: [ecf-dev] Central remote server strategy

Ah Yes! Brilliant. I will try to make a simple implementation.

Cheers,

Wim

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 12:41 PM, Markus Alexander Kuppe <ecf-dev_eclipse.org@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 10/16/2013 12:18 PM, Wim Jongman wrote:
> If the service is consumed, the only thing we can do is sent out a new
> event or remote registration that prompts the client from reading the state
> again from this object or let the user poll the service.

You can use the OSGi whiteboard pattern to register a listener in
runtime A and have it called by a process in runtime B. E.g. the server
provides a service X that is remoted and also notifies listeners L. The
client on the other end will implement a listener L and register it with
its local service registry but annotated to be remoted too.

M.