Re: [ecf-dev] Central remote server strategy

What kind of consensus do peers in our example chat application even
need to reach? The current design simply allows peers to send a message
and no guarentee is given whether this message is (eventually) received
by 1 to n other peers. This problem is too simple to even require
consensus whatsoever and thus qualifies for a basic peer to peer design.

You are right. It is just about the theory of HOW such a thing could be achieved with remote services. I think such a question can be expected during our talk.

Ideally we would provide a simple example in the Chat application.

BTW, I renamed the repo from ChatClient to Chat (because we now also have a server side)

Cheers,

Wim

Back to the top