Re: [ecf-dev] [Gsoc][ECF Tooling]-Generate codes for Service Registration & Service Client

Hi Markus / Wim

"org.eclipse.osgi.util ManifestElement" using this we can read the all elements but couldn’t find a way write into the MF, also this class has private constructor so cannot extend any more.

I went through the PDE classes , PDE manifest editor does not have any APIs to do this as I understood it uses very low level file writing method to this also those are eclipse internal packages.

Finally I decided to write my own API for this, I used both  "java.util.jar.Manifest", "org.eclipse.osgi.util.ManifestElement" to write my method, But some times there are formatting issues(but does not effect the MF functionalities or no errors) ,I think those are coming from jar.Manifest APIs , any way it's seems me, it is working properly.

Please have a look[1] and reports improvements and bugs if exists

 [1] - https://github.com/Salindauwu/gsoc2013salinda/blob/master/org.eclipse.ecf.tools.serviceGenerator/src/org/eclipse/ecf/tools/serviceGenerator/utils/ManifestEditor.java

@Markus
PS:- I am doing final phase of code re-factoring now , I can finish all these within today and will submit the code for final evaluation

Thanks and Regards
Salinda

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 11:38 AM, Wim Jongman <wim.jongman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 5:25 PM, Markus Alexander Kuppe <ecf-dev_eclipse.org@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 09/17/2013 02:16 PM, Salinda Jayawardana wrote:
> Ok,then I will create a property file for the project, then user can
> change service URL and Container type via this file in the runtime,

A property file is only read one during application startup. Changes
done to it during runtime won't result in your code picking it up
automatically.
Anyway, a property file is good enough for the moment.

> To remove the compilation errors in the generated codes, we have to add
> relevant dependencies into MANIFEST.MF file. So when we doing this
> programatically , do we  add those entries into MANIFEST.MF using normal
> file operations ? or is there any  recommended approach to do this

Do not modify the MANIFEST.MF manually. JDT/PDE should have support for.
Use the Manifest editor as an example how it is done.

M.