Re: [ecf-dev] Luna comitment

So far we only have a small integration based on the jmDNS provider (I believe). Removing the dependency and corresponding functionality would be a limited one time effort. Not something I would want to do but in my experience less effort than maintaining additional repositories in build and development targets on an ongoing basis and dealing with support issues due to failed installs.

Steffen

On Sep 9, 2013 9:39 PM, "Markus Alexander Kuppe" <ecf-dev_eclipse.org@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 09/09/2013 09:34 PM, Steffen Pingel wrote:
> speaking as an integrator of ECF, we would possibly end up removing ECF
> dependencies from Mylyn if ECF didn't ship as part of the release train.
> Consuming non release train repositories adds more overhead when managing
> our targets and trying to match project releases to Eclipse releases can be
> quite time consuming. We also couldn't include ECF based functionality in
> the release train repository then.
>
> The same problem arises for users who'd have to figure out which ECF
> repository to add when installing Mylyn.
>
> This can all be simplified by having ECF bits in the release train. In that
> spirit, I hope the ECF project continues to participate to make it easy for
> integrators and users to consume ECF.

Hi Steffen,

is rewriting Mylyn actually less time consuming than using another repo?

Btw. what parts of ECF does Mylyn depend on anyway?

M.