Re: [ecf-dev] [Gsoc][ECF Tooling]-Generate codes for Service Registration & Service Client

Hi Markus

I was thinking it would be nice to have separate wizard to create a service client [1],it might be easy for user as well , Those were my points to start to develop this wizard.

I too understood, trying to create a eclipse plugin project programmatically would be a very hard task also that may introduce new bugs as well.

So  I am agree with Markus,From the user perspective user can divide this into two steps , first create the project then generate the client,

 then new steps of the use case as follows

1) user create a eclipse plugin project using EPPW.

2) Then user right click on the project and select Generate Client from the right click menu

3)Once user click that menu, Client gen wizard will come , it will be ask following informations
  • package Name
  • Class Name
  • Allow brows to service interface
  • Service URL
  • Drop down menu for selecting Service Container (rosgi, generic..etc)

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 1:51 AM, Markus Alexander Kuppe <ecf-dev_eclipse.org@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 09/10/2013 03:33 AM, Salinda Jayawardana wrote:
> Yes, I am trying to create eclipse plugin project programmatically , So I
> wanted to add this ?  Actually you have mentioned right , I am trying to
> convert simple java  project into eclipse plugin project by adding the
> Bundle-Menifest, Activator class and classpath entries, I was able to
> create first two things but couldn't find way to add classpath-entries, Is
> this approach wrong ??
>
> Should I use eclipse plugin project wizard to do this, I thought it, but
> that wizard bit complex, I wanted to keep service client generating wizard
> very simple
> that's why I am trying to create my own wizard to do this
>
> Could you please advise me , I have stuck :( here

Hi Salinda,

you shouldn't use the Eclipse Plugin Project Wizard (EPPW) directly, but
whatever JDT/PDE API the EPPW uses itself. It is fine to depend on
(non-ui) JDT/PDE bundles. Manually implementing what JDT/PDE does is a
dead end to me.

Generally though, I want you to describe your current use case from the
user perspective here. When and why do users want to generate a plug-in
project? Why can't they use the EPPW in this use case?

M.