Re: [ecf-dev] [Gsoc][ECF Tooling]-Generate codes for Service Registration & Service Client

On 09/10/2013 03:33 AM, Salinda Jayawardana wrote:
> Yes, I am trying to create eclipse plugin project programmatically , So I
> wanted to add this ?  Actually you have mentioned right , I am trying to
> convert simple java  project into eclipse plugin project by adding the
> Bundle-Menifest, Activator class and classpath entries, I was able to
> create first two things but couldn't find way to add classpath-entries, Is
> this approach wrong ??
>
> Should I use eclipse plugin project wizard to do this, I thought it, but
> that wizard bit complex, I wanted to keep service client generating wizard
> very simple
> that's why I am trying to create my own wizard to do this
>
> Could you please advise me , I have stuck :( here

Hi Salinda,

you shouldn't use the Eclipse Plugin Project Wizard (EPPW) directly, but
whatever JDT/PDE API the EPPW uses itself. It is fine to depend on
(non-ui) JDT/PDE bundles. Manually implementing what JDT/PDE does is a
dead end to me.

Generally though, I want you to describe your current use case from the
user perspective here. When and why do users want to generate a plug-in
project? Why can't they use the EPPW in this use case?

M.

Back to the top