Re: [ecf-dev] new bundle: org.eclipse.ecf.remoteservice.servlet

On 7/31/2013 1:26 AM, Wim Jongman wrote:
Hi Scott,

It sounds cool but I don't get it. Can you describe the flow? Do you call the servlet which in turn calls the remote service? Is that the idea?

No. The idea is to have the host implementation of a remote service be accessed via REST calls...handled by a servlet. In several cases myself, I've had the need to implement a new HttpServlet to a) deserialize remote call parameters; b) make the host local call to the service; c) serialize the return value back to the consumer. Having some support code available to support such scenarios will be useful.

Scott

Back to the top