Re: [ecf-dev] [Gsoc] - Remote serice Testing TooL

On 07/23/2013 03:34 PM, Salinda Jayawardana wrote:
> Thank you for putting me into the right track I am almost finish the
> above task (Generating codes) will update the wiki and jura with the
> detail explanation about the solution Code will be uploaded into github

Hi Salinda,

just for the record and to make sure we are all on the same page here...

The fact that you disappeared for weeks without notice or any visible
progress means your midterm results will have to be excellent and exceed
my expectations in order for you to pass midterm. If we/I do not see
functional code (covering a good portion of the project's use cases)
with proper documentation and unit tests by the end of this week, will
mean you fail midterm.

Generally, GSoC is about _open source development_ and one essential
characteristic of OSS is open and visible collaboration. For you this
means we expect regular progress reports, asking/answering questions
publicly on the mailing list, bugs opened and commented on in Bugzilla
(btw. for you this is actually an advantage as you get to show your
skills publicly and can later add them to your resume).

To summarize:
- Exceptional results (code-wise) expected to pass midterm (and receive
midterm payment)
- Blog post about current progress and future road-map

- Assuming you pass midterm, public participation and collaboration
within ECF will be a hard requirement to pass final exam (exceptional
results alone won't be enough to pass finals)

Regards
Markus

Back to the top