Re: [ecf-dev] [GSOC Project Idea]-Looking for a GSoc Project in ECF

On 04/21/2013 09:05 AM, Salinda Jayawardana wrote:
> I would like to know is this a important and valuable idea ? or is
> there any thing else, more important idea in ECF?

Hi Salinda,

first of all, it's not such much a question what's important for ECF,
but what your interests are. If you are more into other aspects of ECF
(telephony, collaborative editing, newsreader, ...) you should pick
this area instead. There is plenty of work. ;)

> Could you please give some assistance to contribute  ECF in this
> year GSOC

Generally we favor students who have shown the ability to work in a
distributed open source project. E.g. fixing one of ECF's simpler bugs
marked with "helpwanted" in Bugzilla is a good way to demonstrate this.
Afterwards you want to work on your official application that will be
ranked by all GSoC mentors.

HTH
Markus

Back to the top