[ecf-dev] Race conditions when exposing services?

Hi all.

I am working with ECF Generic/Zeroconf configuration in a network with 4 nodes. Each node announces a service and binds the other node services. However, when I start the application randomly appears the next message [1].

If this message appears then services are not being discovered/exposed correctly. Some of the nodes of the network can find the services of the "problematic" node (the one with the message), while other doesn't, and vice-versa.

I am using ConfigurationAdmin to set dynamically the URLs of the services and other RSA properties, and binding using DS. (You can see the code and more information about this issue in the question I posted in StackOverflow [2]).

I suppose that the RSA is being enabled BEFORE the configuration admin sets the service parameters and that is the reason why can't publish/subscribe some nodes.

Is there any way to "refresh/force" the service annoucement/search? (or avoid the warning message, which is the thing that is affecting the services, probably).

This issue is happening randomly in all the four nodes of my network.

Thanks in advance!

[1] Message:

WARNING 26 [SCR - WorkThread] Timeout occurred! Thread was blocked on processing [QueuedJob] WorkPerformer: org.eclipse.equinox.internal.ds.SCRManager@19336006; actionType 1
WARNING 26 [SCR] Enabling components of bundle org.eclipse.equinox.event did not complete in 30000 ms
!SESSION 2013-01-14 20:46:11.168 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.6.0_24
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86_64, WS=gtk, NL=es_ES
Framework arguments:  -vmargs
Command-line arguments:  -vmargs -consoleLog -console -configuration configuration -clean

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.ds 2 0 2013-01-14 20:46:42.134
!MESSAGE [SCR] Enabling components of bundle org.eclipse.equinox.event did not complete in 30000 ms

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.ds 2 0 2013-01-14 20:46:42.135
!MESSAGE [SCR - WorkThread] Timeout occurred! Thread was blocked on processing [QueuedJob] WorkPerformer: org.eclipse.equinox.internal.ds.SCRManager@19336006; actionType 1

--
Pablo García Sánchez
Departamento de Arquitectura y Tecnología de Computadores

Back to the top