[ecf-dev] New topic in forum Eclipse Communications Framework (ECF), called Client-server architecture with possibility of multiple distinct servers, by Olivier Labrosse

Title: Eclipse Community Forums
Subject: Client-server architecture with possibility of multiple distinct servers Author: Olivier Labrosse Date: Fri, 23 November 2012 16:51
Hi,

We're developing a client-server application and we want to use ECF to harness OSGi remote services. The services are defined declaratively and thus registered automatically without any code.

A problem we're anticipating is with the proper configuration of clients to communicate with one specific server instance out of many possible (and independent) ones.

>From what I gather, RSA is what we need in order to filter through available service providers, but despite reading different articles on the subject, it is still unclear to me how this should be done. I would greatly appreciate your help clearing that up.

Should we let the "usual" (zeroconf, zookeeper, etc.) discovery occur and have a custom TopologyManager implementation do the filtering based on configurations (file or PreferenceStore)? I'll keep reading in hopes of figuring it out, but some insights would help immensely.

Thanks very much for you support.

-Olivier
[ Reply ][ Quote ][ View Topic/Message ][ Unsubscribe from this forum ]

Back to the top