[ecf-dev] eclipse.technology.ecf newsgroup/web forum

Hi,

we should decide on what to do with the ECF newsgroup. There are
occasionally new questions popping up but no ECF committer seems around
monitoring the list. This has going on for quite some time now and IMO
this is a very sad state that drives away potential adopters.

Personally I wonder if it makes sense to consolidate the newsgroup into
our dev mailing list. The message volume seems sufficiently low to not
overwhelm subscribers. This would mean we loose the web forum though.

OTOH the forum supports push notification by either RSS [1] or mail [2].
E.g. to get the last 10 newsgroup/forum posts aggregated into your RSS
reader, add link [3].

Thoughts?

Cheers
Markus