Re: [ecf-dev] File sharing solution

Hi Wim,

On 9/24/2012 3:41 AM, Wim Jongman wrote:
Yes, the reason for this idea is that ECF has all these mid-level communications components but they are not picked up on a large enough scale. The fact that all Eclipse p2 communications go through ECF's file transfer is prove of the capacity and it is frustrating it is not used on a wider scale.

I'll agree with that :).

I must admit I have no idea who is using ECF and the latter is just based on feelings.

Although this is certainly not even in the general vicinity of complete, we do have this page

http://wiki.eclipse.org/ECF/Adopters

If you are using *any part* of ECF, and are willing to say so publicly, please consider adding yourself to this page.

So maybe we should leave this market and look into another niche?

I guess I don't know exactly what you mean...by 'leave this market' (which market are you referring to?)...and 'look into another niche'. Of course I'm ok with exploring other niches/application areas...and would be very happy to help do this to the extent possible.

Thanks,

Scott

Back to the top