Re: [ecf-dev] Clarifying some problems in salvo UI

Hi Wim,

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 5:22 PM, Wim Jongman <wim.jongman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Tishan,

My understanding was that this was you are working on: replacing the NNTP implementation with a swap-able protocol.

Yeah. You are correct.
AFAIK salvo.ui talks only to the model classes (interfaces) and not with direct implementations. At least for the most part. It is possible that some implementation has leaked in but it is not a finished project.

Yes. In most cases I can just use our new model. But issue aroused in here.[1] This class is called by SelectNewsGroupWizardPage to get the list of newsGroups in the newsServer given in the NewNewsServerWizardPage. But In our case list can be newsGroup/Forum (MessageSources). In [1] when inside public INewsgroup getNewsgroup(INewsGroupProvider provider)
IServerConnection connection = server.getServerConnection();
connection.disconnect();
connection.connect();
connection.setModeReader(server);
connection.getOverviewHeaders(server);

// Subscribe Server
try {
storeFacade.subscribeServer(server, password);
} catch (NNTPException e1) {
Debug.log(getClass(), e1);
}

This part should not be here. I can change the extension point to get generic MessageSources instead NewsGroups.
So providers will be capable of providing MessageSources. But the above code segment cannot reside inside HookedNewsGroupProvider.

And sorry for the confusion. I did not understand the logic behind HookedNewsGroupProvider initially. Now it is resolved.

[1]https://github.com/ECF/Newsreader/blob/master/bundles/org.eclipse.ecf.salvo.ui/src/org/eclipse/ecf/salvo/ui/external/provider/HookedNewsgroupProvider.java

In
If I look at the class that you say uses ServerStoreFacade [1] I see that it uses

import org.eclipse.ecf.protocol.nntp.model.IServerStoreFacade;

and not the implementation.