Re: [ecf-dev] Salvo Newsreader : Passing the container reference among different wizards

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 5:32 PM, Wim Jongman <wim.jongman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Can't we just do some instanceof checking to see of this is the right container for the job?

No I mean to create the container using containerFactory I have to know the protocol type. So I have to instantiate container inside onFinish() method.

First of all we connect to News Reader server and connect to other services later. If we can save the connection info in the NewsReader connection, we can use that info to pass to new containers to use for authentications, etc.

WDYT?

The NewsReader server, what is it? Is it an osgi service? I checked https://github.com/tishan89/Newsreader but the last commit was 12 days ago. Is that the latest state?

Nope. Currently my work space is unstable. I'll divert the changes made to share the container instance and push the latest changes into  https://github.com/tishan89/Newsreader. Basically in a summary after that I altered some UI classes since they were creating NNTP related instances. Also did some changes to nntp core. Actually same thing which I did with NNTP model. I am creating a new generic core.