Re: [ecf-dev] Salvo Newsreader : Passing the container reference among different wizards

Here, He can't do that because, by the time of execution of init of wizard, we do not know what is the container type going to be. Therefore the container init has to be done at the performFinish() stage of the wizard. We had a separate discussion on this AFAIR.

Can't we just do some instanceof checking to see of this is the right container for the job?

First of all we connect to News Reader server and connect to other services later. If we can save the connection info in the NewsReader connection, we can use that info to pass to new containers to use for authentications, etc.

WDYT?

The NewsReader server, what is it? Is it an osgi service? I checked https://github.com/tishan89/Newsreader but the last commit was 12 days ago. Is that the latest state?

Back to the top