[ecf-dev] Changing keepAlive property of ECF Generic

Hi folks!

I am getting the "ECFException Request timed out after 30000ms" [1]
when a service lasts more than 30 sec. As my services are
computationally expensive, I changed the keepalive property adding the
next argument to the Program Arguments (or in the VM arguments) in the
Launch Configuration:

-Dorg.eclipse.ecf.provider.generic.keepalive=120000

However, I still getting the same exception of 30000ms [1].

Is this property correctly setted?

Also, I take the opportunity to ask another question. How to avoid the
BrokenPipe exception when a remote service leaves? (for example,
closing a remote equinox). Service is correctly managed with the
"unbind" local method, but just to avoid print the exception in the
screen, for example :)

Thanks in advance!

[1]
Exception in thread "Thread-5" org.osgi.framework.ServiceException:
Service exception on remote service proxy
rsid=org.eclipse.ecf.remoteservice.RemoteServiceID[containerID=StringID[ecftcp://localhost:3782/server];containerRelativeID=2]
	at org.eclipse.ecf.remoteservice.AbstractRemoteService.invoke(AbstractRemoteService.java:282)
	at $Proxy1.start(Unknown Source)
	at es.ugr.osgiliath.experimentlauncher.Launcher$AlgRunnable.run(Launcher.java:211)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.eclipse.ecf.core.util.ECFException: Request timed out
after 30000ms
	at org.eclipse.ecf.provider.remoteservice.generic.RegistrySharedObject.callSynch(RegistrySharedObject.java:882)
	at org.eclipse.ecf.provider.remoteservice.generic.RemoteServiceImpl.callSync(RemoteServiceImpl.java:55)
	at org.eclipse.ecf.remoteservice.AbstractRemoteService.invokeSync(AbstractRemoteService.java:245)
	at org.eclipse.ecf.remoteservice.AbstractRemoteService.invoke(AbstractRemoteService.java:277)
	... 3 more
Caused by: org.eclipse.equinox.concurrent.future.TimeoutException
	... 7 more
--
Pablo García Sánchez
Departamento de Arquitectura y Tecnología de Computadores

Back to the top