Re: [ecf-dev] Problem with XMPP/RemoteServiceListener and OpenFire 3.7.1

Hi Guillaume,

On 6/25/2012 2:46 AM, Guillaume PRIN wrote:
Oops, I missed the end of the message. Here is the end of my message :

When the OpenFire is version 3.6.4, the message "Handle service event 2"
display to the console. When the OpenFire is version 3.7.1, the message
does not display. The event is not received.

Do I use the remote services the right way ? Is something changed in
OpenFire ?

Unfortunately, it sounds as if something did change in open fire server. It certainly is not something that changed in ECF/xmpp provider.

I don't currently have access to an OpenFire 3.7.1 server, however, so it's difficult for me to test.

Perhaps we should do the following: could you please open a new ECF remote services bug for this, and on that bug post your example/test code (as zip of relevant projects). Then perhaps we could coordinate so that I could run your code locally...against your open fire 3.7.1 server...and older server...and debug into what's happening...at least in the clients.

Then perhaps I can understand what's not happening in 3.7.1. It's possible, for example, that the default for 3.7.1 was changed (to off)...wrt support for message properties...which is used by remote services...but that's just a hypothesis.

Thanks,

Scott

Back to the top