[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [ecf-dev] ECF in mobile
- From: Cristiano Gavião <cvgaviao@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 10:23:35 -0300
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=message-id:date:from:user-agent:mime-version:to:subject:references :in-reply-to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=m7Yo6skmH95kv9VVuaaQ6IYf0ZCFPOaGSgHR3gU0TuU=; b=FLwO9zWR9LacmHe74gVW4xkt2UJ7gPqsBCWDmtZMNVPeiesOS3MmRDcHoLXDcAFrRH CtprYogh2MLmu3vgahK6mws39tmtpnCflIggMD7tsuCcP1Cp296VpXVhktvKJcetL7oR h7hDuWhWZqefguYqx6oJWnBMgHkWg/I8U/Sml6Hjn/p2EwM+i+iYhf+hs303cXiAvK7y l+JfsbbJM5+f8pJ8ddUsp/LDIB7APzPMWvknUonsG3EW0G2+FH5bAUc0R+86bKz5r5P7 Ca3Zg9/9HP4+dXZrLnR9hq9lXFhurFkIc6UwjsDICcnZqIzyFG3REblC3jV6swGOFxLR CGZA==
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:12.0) Gecko/20120428 Thunderbird/12.0.1
thanks for the explanation. I will take a look in the links.
I'm developing a customer application were I'm using ECF (running in
Equinox) and I'm planning to create an Android application to be able to
push info from the server. So, I'm evaluating the options.
Btw, are you aware of any android app prototype in the web that is using
ECF, so I could study it?
thanks and cheers,
On 11/06/12 13:57, Scott Lewis wrote:
On 6/11/2012 8:51 AM, Cristiano Gavião wrote:
I was reading this article:
and there is a nice video of one android app using ECF and Google Wave.
Google wave was discontinued, so what is the alternative in actual
days for this kind of mobile applications ?
So...this effort (by Mustafa Isik and Sebastian Schmidt) used some of
the ECF core classes...and, in fact whole plugins/jars...to support
the Wave provider work . These plugins/classes...and their runtime
class dependencies...were added to the Android projects as library
jars (I think)...and so were loaded/used at runtime without actually
running a complete OSGi framework.
Running outside of OSGi is something that can be done with
much...although not all...of ECF. I do this myself with other parts
of ECF (e.g. the shared object API)...in order to make it simple to
create Android-based clients that can easily and extensibly
communicate/message with ECF servers/services (that happen to run
under a full OSGi framework).
There is some work (as yet undone) to do the releng associated with
using the relevant parts of ECF in a non-OSGi environment. For
example, the creation of the non-bundle jars and the elimination of
the unneeded classes from ECF, OSGi, and Equinox would be very
desirable for this usage...along with creating a single
distribution-ready Android library...rather than several jars. Doing
these things would make it much easier for people to consume/use ECF
in Android environments.
One other point...although Google wave was discontinued as an
application, I suspect Google would like to continue to use (and have
others use) the wave protocol...i.e. . This was the work upon
which  is based, so I don't think this is completely out of the
technical picture (although the Wave application is indeed
discontinued). But I'm not directly connected with the Wave protocol
work these days...so I could be wrong on this.
ecf-dev mailing list