Re: [ecf-dev] optional dependencies

Hi Remy/all,

On 5/25/2012 4:52 AM, Remy Suen wrote:

<stuff deleted>

In the case of A anyway, I feel it is okay to to not greedily require the datashare bundles in this scenario.

Ok...great...so the greedy:=true is not happening because it's required.

But apparently our builder is using the older p2 publisher?  (i.e. before 3.8M1 I think)?   Because my understanding is that with optional dependencies (like this one), the new p2 publisher should be setting greedy:=false (the default) unless explicitly set in the meta-data to greedy:=true (which we are not doing).

So I guess this is a question for Markus and/or Wim...how is it that the greedy:=true is getting set by the p2 publisher in our build...is it explicitly done...or is it that we are using an older version of p2 publisher (prior to 3.8M1)?

The only reason I'm asking this is because one requirement in this year's simultaneous release is that all projects have to have greedy:=false set in repos...unless greedy:=true is actually required...and one of the Juno screening scripts found this optional dep with greedy:=true in our previous contribution to the Juno build.

Thanksinadvance,

Scott

> I *think* that it was Remy who
> added this optional dependency...