[ecf-dev] [GSOC 2012]OSGi Remote Services Testing framework

 Hi  Harshana/Markus/Scott/All

Here is the  my plane for this project

This  Test Framework  Contain the 3 basic layers

 1 Core

 2 Annotation processing layer

 2 API layer

Core - This layer contain the common functionalities of a test framework  as an example test result handling assertion….etc  to develop this layer i am thinking  to wrap the TestNG  and Junit test bundles

Annotation processing layer - This layer which is used to introduces new annotations types  as well as the read those new  annotations types . Basically here I am going to use Javax.annotation* libries to process and introduces  those new annotations

API layer - Actually this layer is combined with above layer here I am trying to provide and API  which can be used to  introduce new annotation types easily. this layer help to make this framework extensible

here is the  millstone plane for the develop above layers

1- develop the Annotation processing layer  -4  weeks (form May 22 to june 22)

Millstone  1 -  Developed to read new annotation (Release date : May 28th)

  Millstone  2 -   Process that annotated method  (Release  date :- june 4th)

  Millstone  3 -   develop all the new annotations which are  using  in the  framework  (Release date  june 22nd )

2 - develop the core layer  - 3 weeks (from june 22 to july 16)

    Millstone 4 -  wrapped the TestNG bundles   (Release date 30 june)

    Millstone 5 - wrapped the Junit  (Release date 7th july)

   Millstone 6 - Integrate both Core layer and Processing layer  (Release date 14 july)

I will decide the API layer millstone plane after finishing above two layer since that implementation  depended on the above layers implementation

Now I am working for M1 and will send the update on 28th

Suggestions are Welcome

Thanks and Regards

/Jasintha

--