Re: [ecf-dev] Newbie ECF Discovery question

On 04/16/2012 08:17 PM, Konrad Bielak wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry if this is really easy question but I spent entire day searching
> for information...
>
> Given two Felix containers on remote machines, what is the easiest way
> to allow ECF communication between them? It's straightforward when
> they are on the same host, but I'm struck with discovery issue.
>
> I tried to follow http://wiki.eclipse.org/Zoodiscovery guide, but
> ZooKeeper refuses to work with ServiceMix. It seems the only left
> options are jmdns or jSLP, but I can't find any info on how to use
> them.
>
> I wouldn't mind skipping discovery at all if there is a simple way to
> connect two Felix containers (consumer/provider bundles) based only on
> their machines IP addresses.

Hi Konrad,

what kind of network topology sits between both hosts? If both are on
the same subnet, a multicast-based discovery provider like jmdns or jSLP
will do. For wide-area discovery, you will need Zookeeper or DNS-SD.
If hard-coded IPs are good enough, you might wanna look into file based
discovery.

Markus

P.S.: What's the problem with Zookeeper and ServiceMix?

Back to the top