Re: [ecf-dev] Remoting with ECF (with REST) in Eclipse RCP?

Hello Angelo,

On 4/12/2012 1:02 PM, Angelo zerr wrote:
<stuff deleted>

[Scott]  Why not use Spring _expression_ (or eclipse variables, or xsl, or something else of your choosing) to simply generate the edef file at remote service export time with the exact contents you want?

Yes I would like Spring EL _expression_, I can do that?

I don't know the Spring EL _expression_ stuff, but I would imagine that you could.  If all you want to do is to produce a valid edef file at runtime...and replace baseURL.

The EDEF file is not a Spring file? I don't understand what you mean?

No, EDEF is a simple, standard format specified by the OSGi Remote Service Admin spec (rfc 122 I think) for endpoint descriptions.  There are links on the previous references to the standards docs.

I would like use ${baseURL} on rutime time and not on compile time (I say that because you tell me about xsl).

Right...there are all sorts of mechanisms to...e.g. take template, and process it at runtime to replace baseURL with something of your choosing.  Another is Eclipse core.variable processing...fwiw:  org.eclipse.core.variables

Scott

Regards Angelo

Scott