[ecf-dev] ECF conference call upcoming: Monday, Dec 19 1800 UTC/10am pacific

Hi Folks,

We have not had a conference call in some time, and it's about time we do so. There are several issues to discuss...here are two that I have

1) Next ECF maintenance release...when?
2) I've completed an initial implementation of a Restlet provider for OSGi remote services. What this does is that it gives an OSGi topology manager that automatically exposes Restlet services as OSGi remote services. It's a *huge* advantage for client side developers...as they can use the OSGi remote services discovery (and ECF's multi-provider discovery API)...along with OSGis's support for proxy creation, versioning, and security...to access Restlet services over http.

It's all implemented as an ECF provider...and so serves as a good example for others that might wish to expose other restlet frameworks as OSGi remote services. The actual provider code is very small, and just serves to bridge between restlet (on the server) and the registration and use via OSGi remote services standard (server and clients).

Anyway...please attend the call on Monday if you can:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse_Communication_Framework_Project#Next_Call:__Monday.2C_December_19.2C_2011_-_1800_UTC.2F11:00am_pacific

Here's the current agenda...please add items if you have them:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/ECF_Conference_Call_12.19.2011

Thanks...hope to talk with you Monday.

Scott

Back to the top