Re: [ecf-dev] Serialization/Deserialization of parameters and return values

Hi,

> I was looking to use the generic provider. I think your recommendation
> should work for me.

Ok...the generic provider also has a means (different) to customize the
serialization/deserialization...specifically the
ISharedObjectMessageSerializer

http://download.eclipse.org/rt/ecf/3.5.2/javadoc/org/eclipse/ecf/core/sharedobject/util/ISharedObjectMessageSerializer.html

which can be set on an ISharedObjectContainer via
setSharedObjectSerializer method...i.e. see:

http://download.eclipse.org/rt/ecf/3.5.2/javadoc/org/eclipse/ecf/core/sharedobject/ISharedObjectContainer.html

You can get the ISharedObjectContainer from a generic server or client via
call to IContainer.getAdapter...e.g.

container.getAdapter(ISharedObjectContainer.class).setSharedObjectSerializer(mySerializer);

So...you can use your own (json or other) serialization.

Thanks,

Scott