Re: [ecf-dev] [Salvo] Synchronizing Articles with Server

Hi Isuru,

The digest view looks really promising. Please make a pull request.

Regards,

Wim

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 5:38 AM, Isuru Udana <isudana@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Wim,

Digest view stability
I fixed the the bug of 'digest view crashing when no store is active'.
A service listener is added for the digest view to listen to store register/unregister.
So it works similar to the navigator group view.
It will prevent crashes when user tries to use the digest view when the store is stopped.
And it will allow digest view work immediately after a store is registered.

I fixed some other bugs I found.

Notifications

jar files were added to the lib folder of org.eclipse.ecf.salvo.ui project.

When we subscribe to a new newsgroup, a notification with all the messages is displayed.
If 100 new articles added, only subjects of 10 will be displayed. Rest will be indicated as "plus 90 more articles received".
So it is not a very large popup.
As you mentioned, it gives some kind of a summary.

You mentioned that when scrolling the article panel a notification is displayed.
But I didn't notice that. When a new article batch is fetched, it didn't give me a notification.

If the code is in good order, shall we pull this in to the Salvo main repository ?