Re: [ecf-dev] Some of my ideas for contribution to ECF

Hi James,

On 7/2/2011 3:33 AM, James Sugrue wrote:
Hi Scott
If you could provide information on the template provider projects I'd really appreciate it.

Sure.   There is a skeleton remote services provider here

Git repo:  http://git.eclipse.org/c/ecf/org.eclipse.ecf.git

path:  examples/bundles/org.eclipse.ecf.examples.provider.trivial
web browse: http://git.eclipse.org/c/ecf/org.eclipse.ecf.git/tree/examples/bundles/org.eclipse.ecf.examples.provider.trivial

Another provider that might be instructive would be the one that uses r-osgi underneath:

path:  providers/bundles/org.eclipse.ecf.provider.r_osgi
web browse: http://git.eclipse.org/c/ecf/org.eclipse.ecf.git/tree/providers/bundles/org.eclipse.ecf.provider.r_osgi

Further, you should probably look at the RestContainer (which you could simply extend if you wish):

path:  framework/bundles/org.eclipse.ecf.remoteservice.rest
web browse (RestContainer class): http://git.eclipse.org/c/ecf/org.eclipse.ecf.git/tree/framework/bundles/org.eclipse.ecf.remoteservice.rest/src/org/eclipse/ecf/remoteservice/rest/client/RestClientContainer.java

Will these be (or are they already) part of the documentation project?

I don't think so...although I'm not certain. I think it would be good to include them in the documentation project. It might also be a good idea to have the twitter provider ultimately be in the documentation project as well.

It would be a great idea to create a provider creation tutorial...and it was/has been my intention to even create some PDE templates for creating providers (i.e. that show up in the PDE create/plugin project wizard)...but I haven't been able to do either of these things as yet.

If someone on this list has some availability to do so, I will certainly help. Please just say so here on the ecf-dev mailing list.

Scott

Back to the top