Re: [ecf-dev] Some of my ideas for contribution to ECF

On Fri, 1 Jul 2011 14:23:30 +0200
 Wim Jongman <wim.jongman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Also, it would be interesting to try and remove the need for the Twitter4J
library.
I think the Tweethub project could be the basis of an interesting tutorial
about how providers work, and how to use them.

Why do you want to remove the Twitter4j library? Do you want to program directly against the rest api? does the Twitter4J not provide enough
functions?

Purely to program against the REST API. I feel if we can do without the additional library, it would be cleaner.
Also, it would give another good example for REST in ECF.

Next, I'd like to do some kind of overview video for ECF. A lot of projects, like m2eclipse and Xtext have videos on front page - it should be easy for us to get an overview of ECF done... What do you think?

That would be nice.

I am currently working on the news/forum integration together with Isuru. Maybe we can build some kind of twitter/news/irc/etc... client with ECF
technologies.
Since the tweethub code is in the ECF non-epl github, do you mind if other
committers make changes to the code?

Of course, everyone's free to add to TweetHub. I like the idea of having one client for everything - let's see what we can do there.

As for being a committer, I hope that I could be accepted after doing some more work for the project.

I also noticed this guy who seems to be waiting for a team:

https://github.com/jordiboehmelopez/eclipsedesktop

Do you know if he's using ECF? Getting him on board too could give us a strong team for this client..

James

Regards

James