Re: [ecf-dev] Some of my ideas for contribution to ECF

Also, it would be interesting to try and remove the need for the Twitter4J library.
I think the Tweethub project could be the basis of an interesting tutorial about how providers work, and how to use them.

Why do you want to remove the Twitter4j library? Do you want to program directly against the rest api? does the Twitter4J not provide enough functions?

Next, I'd like to do some kind of overview video for ECF. A lot of projects, like m2eclipse and Xtext have videos on front page - it should be easy for us to get an overview of ECF done... What do you think?

That would be nice.

I am currently working on the news/forum integration together with Isuru. Maybe we can build some kind of twitter/news/irc/etc... client with ECF technologies.
 Since the tweethub code is in the ECF non-epl github, do you mind if other committers make changes to the code?

I also noticed this guy who seems to be waiting for a team:

https://github.com/jordiboehmelopez/eclipsedesktop

Regards

James