[ecf-dev] [Salvo] News Digest View Implementation

Hi Wim, Harshana,

Next step of Salvo is to implement the news digest view.

Following are the requirements of digest view (Extracted from Wim's mail sent to list)

Operates on a single news server (e.g. eclipse.org)
Enables processing of messages (answer, read, etc..)
Able to show a condensed form of a subset of articles in all or some subscribed newsgroups
Enables the user to make a number of easy switchable filters that condens in different ways:
1. that enables tracking of threads that I started or participated in
2. filter that enables showing threads of interest
3. mark newsgroups of interest and not so interest
4. filters out postings that are older than xxxx
5. other filters and combination of filters

To implement the digest view UI first we have to make sure that we have the required functionalities available in our API.
getThisUserArticles() is one of the functions we added recently to use in the digest view.

To implement the digest view UI, I thought of getting familiar with ArticlePanel Editor implementation.
Is that going to be a good starting point? Or please suggest me if there is any other.

Thank you

Isuru Udana

Undergraduate
University of Moratuwa