Re: [ecf-dev] [Salvo] Which Store ? Derby or File system

On 06/11/2011 08:38 PM, Isuru Udana wrote:
> Hi Harshana,
>
> File System based store implementation uses set of text files to store
> data. For an example "Servers.txt" is used to store server data.
> Derby based store implementation uses apache derby database system.

What kind of data do you intent to store anyway? An SQL db sounds like
overkill if you just want to keep a bunch of server configs. OTOH if
Salvo is supposed to sync messages to disk, I'd favor something more
sophisticated than a file (e.g. to speed up search).

Would it work to hide storage behind a common API so that storage impl
can be chosen at deployment time?

Markus

Back to the top