[ecf-dev] [Salvo] Posting articles from Salvo and Thunderbird

Hi,

When we post a article using Salvo, in the Eclipse forum always displays "Eclipse User" as the sender.
(see example [1])

But when I use Thunderbird, It shows the sender is "Isuru Udana" which is my bugzilla user account.
(see example [2])

For thunderbird I enter only name and the email address as my identity. It doesn't ask for a user name and a password.
For Salvo I enter name, email, userId (exquisitus) and password.

So how can eclipse forum correctly link my post from thunderbird to my bugzilla account. I think It may using the email address for identification.
And why it display "Eclipse User" as the sender when I use Salvo.

Since anyone can post to forum with other users identity, there is a security problem here.

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/210245/

[2] http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/210304/

Isuru Udana

Undergraduate