Re: [ecf-dev] [salvo] Accessing Eclipse Bugzilla using XML-RPC

Good ideas. Thanks guys. I'm glad we brought the GSoC discussions to the list.

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 6:36 PM, Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 5/25/2011 9:25 AM, Markus Alexander Kuppe wrote:
On 05/25/2011 06:16 PM, Wim Jongman wrote:
Hi,

Salvo does not require it. As part of the "aware workbench" concept we
want to be able to create an eclipse account right from the workbench
instead of jumping thru many hoops. I think a plug-in that has the
capability to register an eclipse account is good stuff.
I suppose this plug-in will be independent of Salvo then? Might it be
worthwhile to investigate if this can be added to Mylyn's Bugzilla UI.
And later refactored into a common plug-in used by both Mylyn and Salvo?

Just thinking...

Some additional thoughts:

It would be pretty easy, I think, to create a (remote) service that managed Eclipse.org bugzilla, newsgroup, and/or eclipse.org committer portal accounts...and have the client implementation of this remote service use/be built upon the contribution by Pavel Samilosov to expose xml-rpc services as ECF remote services (in bundle/project org.eclipse.ecf.remoteservice.rpc...which depends upon org.apache.xmlrpc).

Just thinking also...there's a lot of existing work (and expertise) here that may be brought to bear...and doing so in a general way (e.g. as OSGi service/remote service...as opposed to within Eclipse UI only) will likely bring dividends...like easy integration with Mylyn, server-based usage, RCP-app usage, etc.

Thanks,

Scott