[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [List Home]
Re: [ecf-dev] adding to RemoteServiceAdmin wiki docs

Great, Scott! (uhm, that's sound like the "Great Scott" american
famous exclamation... ;)

I was waiting for this improvement in the wiki to continue
investigating ECF usages. Maybe I would suggest code examples to bind
to specific services or similar. I'm still a bit confused about the
difference of a server/host URL and the containerFactoryArgs property,
and how a client makes the discovery of services in an specific
computer. For example, code about list all the remote services in a
different machines than localhost could be interesting (without using
zeroconf, I mean).

I appreciate all the work of the ECF developers are doing, given that
they do in their spare time :)

2011/4/1  <ecf-dev-request@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Send ecf-dev mailing list submissions to
> Â Â Â Âecf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> Â Â Â Âhttps://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/ecf-dev
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> Â Â Â Âecf-dev-request@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
> Â Â Â Âecf-dev-owner@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of ecf-dev digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
> Â 1. Getting started with ECF (ronen hamias)
> Â 2. Re: Getting started with ECF (Pierre Henry Perret)
> Â 3. Re: Getting started with ECF (Scott Lewis)
> Â 4. adding to RemoteServiceAdmin wiki docs (Scott Lewis)
> Â 5. Re: Getting started with ECF (ronen hamias)
> Â 6. Re: Getting started with ECF (Markus Alexander Kuppe)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 20:20:48 +0200
> From: ronen hamias <ronen.hamias@xxxxxxxxx>
> To: "Eclipse Communication Framework (ECF) developer mailing list."
> Â Â Â Â<ecf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [ecf-dev] Getting started with ECF
> Message-ID:
> Â Â Â Â<AANLkTinxM_vRAfcOVMHJKoteG05LraRWqxBUpREFpPN5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> Hi all,
>
> i am having trouble to get started with ecf in terms of setting my
> development envitoment correctly
> iso far i had alot of problems and exceptions thrown when starting the
> platform
> my guess i am missing dependencies or i didnt downlod the correct versions
> for:
>
> eclipse
> OSGi
> ECF
>
> my goal is to be able to learn ECF capabilities and in the future even
> contribute to the project
>
> what is the correct profile/pre requisits for testing ECF?
> what is the correct profile/pre requisits for developing ECF?
>
> is there any step by step guide somewhere?
>
> i am only getting started so please bare with me...
>
> ronen
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/private/ecf-dev/attachments/20110331/52ca825e/attachment.htm>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 20:42:24 +0200
> From: Pierre Henry Perret <phperret@xxxxxxxxx>
> To: "Eclipse Communication Framework (ECF) developer mailing list."
> Â Â Â Â<ecf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [ecf-dev] Getting started with ECF
> Message-ID:
> Â Â Â Â<AANLkTimtoq56bg71Yzt=+bjKLufbu6Y1yOyZvfH5BgSv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> Hi Ronen,
>
> We have documentation for starter contributor/user on installing the ECF sdk
> at [0].
> Also, I think you 'll need this at [1] also, which docs how to start rs use
> with ECF implementation.
>
> With that doc and... some resilience you'll get it!
>
>
> [0]
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/Using_ECF_Remote_Services_Bundles_separate_from_the_ECF_SDK
> [1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/EIG:Getting_Started_with_OSGi_Remote_Services
>
> <http://wiki.eclipse.org/EIG:Getting_Started_with_OSGi_Remote_Services>
> --
> Pierre
>
>
>
>
> 2011/3/31 ronen hamias <ronen.hamias@xxxxxxxxx>
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> i am having trouble to get started with ecf in terms of setting my
>> development envitoment correctly
>> iso far i had alot of problems and exceptions thrown when starting the
>> platform
>> my guess i am missing dependencies or i didnt downlod the correct versions
>> for:
>>
>> eclipse
>> OSGi
>> ECF
>>
>> my goal is to be able to learn ECF capabilities and in the future even
>> contribute to the project
>>
>> what is the correct profile/pre requisits for testing ECF?
>> what is the correct profile/pre requisits for developing ECF?
>>
>> is there any step by step guide somewhere?
>>
>> i am only getting started so please bare with me...
>>
>> ronen
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> ecf-dev mailing list
>> ecf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
>> https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/ecf-dev
>>
>>
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/private/ecf-dev/attachments/20110331/6bdefd19/attachment.htm>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 11:45:32 -0700
> From: Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: ecf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [ecf-dev] Getting started with ECF
> Message-ID: <4D94CBCC.4030100@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
>
> Ronen,
>
> On 3/31/2011 11:20 AM, ronen hamias wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> i am having trouble to get started with ecf in terms of setting my
>> development envitoment correctly
>> iso far i had alot of problems and exceptions thrown when starting the
>> platform
>> my guess i am missing dependencies or i didnt downlod the correct
>> versions for:
>> eclipse
>> OSGi
>> ECF
>> my goal is to be able to learn ECF capabilities and in the future even
>> contribute to the project
>> what is the correct profile/pre requisits for testing ECF?
>
> The ECF download page [1] indicates that ECF 3.5 requires Eclipse Helios
> SDK (3.6.X) or Eclipse Indigo SDK (3.7.X). Â ÂYou can get Eclipse Helios
> or Eclipse Indigo here [2].
>
>> what is the correct profile/pre requisits for developing ECF?
>
> Same as above...i.e. Eclipse Helios or Eclipse Indigo....the SDK of
> whatever version is best...because it includes most of the relevant
> tooling, plus the Eclipse/Equinox source code (which can be useful).
>
> In addition, since ECF now uses git for our repository [5], it's
> necessary to use *some* git client...to retrieve and possibly change/add
> to the latest ECF source. ÂThe eGit client is popular (because it runs
> in Eclipse) [6], but since it is not included in the Eclipse SDK you
> need to install it into Eclipse SDK yourself. ÂSee [6] for the
> instructions for installing/using eGit.
>
> You can also use other git clients if you wish (e.g. git command line
> clients, etc)...but of course if you do so you have to keep your local
> Eclipse workspace in sync with the local repo manually.
>
>
>> is there any step by step guide somewhere?
>
> No...not one that includes installing Eclipse, eGit, etc. Â If you want
> to produce one...once you've identified the steps that will help
> you...that would be a great contribution to ECF (i.e. by creating/adding
> a page to the ECF wiki [3]).
>
> However....we do now have several pages describing the
> download/install/examples app usage for ECF's impl of OSGi remote
> services (which is one part of ECF...not all of it, but one significant
> part). ÂThose docs are here [4] (as indicated by Pierre's recent email
> also).
>
> As of ECF 3.5, much of ECF can/could run on Felix (another OSGi
> framework impl), rather than only Equinox (which is an the OSGi
> framework impl that comes *with* Eclipse). ÂActually, I believe ECF
> remote services development can/could probably be done by other
> IDEs/tooling (e.g. Idea...and/or Netbeans), but I haven't even tried
> this yet, so I can't explain the process for doing so.
>
> Scott
>
> [1] http://www.eclipse.org/ecf/downloads.php
> [2] http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/
> [3] http://wiki.eclipse.org/ECF
> [4] http://wiki.eclipse.org/ECF#OSGi_Remote_Services
> [5] http://git.eclipse.org/c/ecf/org.eclipse.ecf.git
> [6] http://www.eclipse.org/egit/
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 16:35:51 -0700
> From: Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: "Eclipse Communication Framework (ECF) developer mailing list."
> Â Â Â Â<ecf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [ecf-dev] adding to RemoteServiceAdmin wiki docs
> Message-ID: <4D950FD7.5050300@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
>
> Hi Folks,
>
> I've been adding to the wiki-based docs for the ECF impl of the OSGi
> Remote Service Admin (RSA) here [1]. ÂThe idea is to allow people to use
> the major features of the ECF RSA impl without having to consult with
> the OSGI specification (chap 122 of enterprise spec)...at least for
> everything :).
>
> It's not completed yet, but I would appreciate some review, as well as
> comments or suggestions...or further contributions, examples, etc.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Scott
>
> [1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Remote_Services_Admin
> [2] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=329124
>
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 10:23:05 +0300
> From: ronen hamias <ronen.hamias@xxxxxxxxx>
> To: "Eclipse Communication Framework (ECF) developer mailing list."
> Â Â Â Â<ecf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [ecf-dev] Getting started with ECF
> Message-ID:
> Â Â Â Â<AANLkTingp5j37ZzLqbr9BUuiH3mOQS8hd-UNUcokd1cc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> Hi Scott
>
> thanks for the help getting started with ECF
> i have followed the instruction and had encountered a problem
>
> it seem that i am missing
> org.eclipse.equinox.concurrent.future;*version*="1.0.0"
>
> how can i resolve this issue?
>
> BR
>
> ronen
>
>
>
> On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 9:45 PM, Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Ronen,
>>
>>
>> On 3/31/2011 11:20 AM, ronen hamias wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>> i am having trouble to get started with ecf in terms of setting my
>>> development envitoment correctly
>>> iso far i had alot of problems and exceptions thrown when starting the
>>> platform
>>> my guess i am missing dependencies or i didnt downlod the correct versions
>>> for:
>>> eclipse
>>> OSGi
>>> ECF
>>> my goal is to be able to learn ECF capabilities and in the future even
>>> contribute to the project
>>> what is the correct profile/pre requisits for testing ECF?
>>>
>>
>> The ECF download page [1] indicates that ECF 3.5 requires Eclipse Helios
>> SDK (3.6.X) or Eclipse Indigo SDK (3.7.X). Â ÂYou can get Eclipse Helios or
>> Eclipse Indigo here [2].
>>
>>
>> what is the correct profile/pre requisits for developing ECF?
>>>
>>
>> Same as above...i.e. Eclipse Helios or Eclipse Indigo....the SDK of
>> whatever version is best...because it includes most of the relevant tooling,
>> plus the Eclipse/Equinox source code (which can be useful).
>>
>> In addition, since ECF now uses git for our repository [5], it's necessary
>> to use *some* git client...to retrieve and possibly change/add to the latest
>> ECF source. ÂThe eGit client is popular (because it runs in Eclipse) [6],
>> but since it is not included in the Eclipse SDK you need to install it into
>> Eclipse SDK yourself. ÂSee [6] for the instructions for installing/using
>> eGit.
>>
>> You can also use other git clients if you wish (e.g. git command line
>> clients, etc)...but of course if you do so you have to keep your local
>> Eclipse workspace in sync with the local repo manually.
>>
>>
>>
>> is there any step by step guide somewhere?
>>>
>>
>> No...not one that includes installing Eclipse, eGit, etc. Â If you want to
>> produce one...once you've identified the steps that will help you...that
>> would be a great contribution to ECF (i.e. by creating/adding a page to the
>> ECF wiki [3]).
>>
>> However....we do now have several pages describing the
>> download/install/examples app usage for ECF's impl of OSGi remote services
>> (which is one part of ECF...not all of it, but one significant part). ÂThose
>> docs are here [4] (as indicated by Pierre's recent email also).
>>
>> As of ECF 3.5, much of ECF can/could run on Felix (another OSGi framework
>> impl), rather than only Equinox (which is an the OSGi framework impl that
>> comes *with* Eclipse). ÂActually, I believe ECF remote services development
>> can/could probably be done by other IDEs/tooling (e.g. Idea...and/or
>> Netbeans), but I haven't even tried this yet, so I can't explain the process
>> for doing so.
>>
>> Scott
>>
>> [1] http://www.eclipse.org/ecf/downloads.php
>> [2] http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/
>> [3] http://wiki.eclipse.org/ECF
>> [4] http://wiki.eclipse.org/ECF#OSGi_Remote_Services
>> [5] http://git.eclipse.org/c/ecf/org.eclipse.ecf.git
>> [6] http://www.eclipse.org/egit/
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> ecf-dev mailing list
>> ecf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
>> https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/ecf-dev
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Ronen Hamias
> Cell Phone: +972-50-2289988
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/private/ecf-dev/attachments/20110401/c9efd6a7/attachment.htm>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 6
> Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 10:07:25 +0200
> From: Markus Alexander Kuppe <ecf-dev_eclipse.org@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: "Eclipse Communication Framework (ECF) developer mailing list."
> Â Â Â Â<ecf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [ecf-dev] Getting started with ECF
> Message-ID: <4D9587BD.9090106@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
>
> On 04/01/2011 09:23 AM, ronen hamias wrote:
>> Hi Scott
>>
>> thanks for the help getting started with ECF
>> i have followed the instruction and had encountered a problem
>>
>> it seem that i am missing
>> org.eclipse.equinox.concurrent.future;/version/="1.0.0"
>>
>> how can i resolve this issue?
>
> Add the org.eclipse.equinox.concurrent bundle to your runtime.
>
> Markus
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> ecf-dev mailing list
> ecf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
> https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/ecf-dev
>
>
> End of ecf-dev Digest, Vol 69, Issue 1
> **************************************
>



-- 
Pablo GarcÃa SÃnchez
Departamento de Arquitectura y TecnologÃa de Computadores
Universidad de Granada
http://geneura.ugr.es/~pgarcia