Re: [ecf-dev] ECF 3.5 Release Presentation - Please Review

Hi Sebastian,

The slides look great. Thanks again for doing this. Here's a couple of additional comments/suggestions/additions:

Slide 2:

Item: Implementation of OSGi 4.2 enterprise spec chapter 122
Change to read: Full implementation of OSGi 4.2 Remote Service Admin (RSA), chapter 122 in enterprise specification

Item: Allows consumers to easily introduce discovery/distribution systems using ECF‘s provider architecture. Change to read: Allows consumers to easily replace discover and distribution systems using ECF‘s provider architecture

Item: obsoletes ECF file-based discovery
Change to read: Standardized OSGi endpoint description extender format (section 122.8) obsoletes old/RFC 119-based format

Item: From Scott Lewis
Change to read: Contributed by Scott Lewis/Composent, Inc.
(and same for Pavel Samolisov contribution of xmlrpc)

Item: Supports remote service invocation through a proxy
Change to read: Supports remote service invocation through a proxy and/or async proxy

All other slides look great to me!

I think a new slide should be introduced ...perhaps after IP Issues slide:

Title: ECF and Standards

Bullets:
OSGi 4.2 Remote Services...aka chapter 13 in compendium
OSGi 4.2 Remote Service Admin...aka chapter 122 in enterprise specification
Both are full/complete implementation of OSGi specification
Only known implementation to support pluggable discovery and distribution providers within standard
Only impl of these specs among EF projects
Standards support requested by ECF consumer community

ECF also supports a number of other standard protocols...e.g. http, ftp for async file transfer, xmpp for presence/IM, JMS for pub/sub messaging, others.

Thanks again Sebastian.

Scott