[ecf-dev] p2 mirror selection (was Re: make a local git repo on the build machine)

On 02/26/2011 11:45 AM, Wim Jongman wrote:
> Excellent. Great fix. The VCS fetch now only takes a few seconds. The
> bottleneck has shifted to fetching bundles from eclipse repositories...

The problem is, that p2's mirror selection is kinda stupid when it comes
to our build. OSU runs a full eclipse mirror located on the same subnet
as the build machine, but download.eclipse.org keeps redirecting our
requests across all mirrors unless we switch off mirrors completely [2]
which results in requests being only answered by download.eclipse.org.
One workaround would be to create a local p2 repo mirror with b3 [1]
that changes the repo's metadata to only point to ftp.osuosl.org. Even
better would be to enhance download.php with smarter mirrors selection
[0]. Unfortunately the webmaster do not have resources and I am too
stupid to hack download.php without being able to debug it or access to
the database.

Markus

[0] https://bugs.eclipse.org/319155
[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse_b3/aggregator/manual