[ecf-dev] ZooDiscovery without starting ANY ZooKeeper instance

Hello folks,

at the moment (with zoodiscovery.autoStart=false) ZooDiscovery starts a ZooKeeper instance when I create a container and the given IP (...centralized=?) matches my IP, right? This is still not working well, as IP detection with multiple ethernet devices is not supported (problems with Linux and also if Java Security is activated).

So how can I use ZooDiscovery without having any ZooKeeper instance created by ZooDiscovery, e.g. starting my own ZooKeeper Server somewhere else?

I think the ZooDiscovery API is rather confusing as there should be some clear difference between starting a ZooKeeper instance and just connecting to one.

I think ZooDiscovery is a great think for ECF, also the ZooDiscovery implementation. What do you think about some improvements about the API? I think i would like to file a Bug for this...

Thanks,

Martin

Back to the top