[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [ecf-dev] Speed of the different discovery providers
- From: Markus Alexander Kuppe <ecf-dev_eclipse.org@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 21:01:49 +0100
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailscanner-null-check: 1297022511.38306@Isjvnj74Y1U3ZtWGop2+nw
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20101208 Lightning/1.0b2 Thunderbird/3.1.7
On 01/30/2011 08:58 PM, Martin Petzold wrote:
> Just to let you know, ZooKeeper is a lot (60 times) faster than e.g.
> JmDNS in my scenario. I'll try to make some performance measurements
> with different topologies and networks and let you know (it's not only
> discovery this is about). After that RS doc ;-)...
> Because of this I will stay with ZooKeeper at the moment, the problem
> with JmDNS (in an Eclipse Product) is not yet solved.
Great that Zookeeper fits your use case.
But just for everybody else to know. Comparing Zookeeper and JmDNS
performance is like comparing apples and oranges. They both solves
disjunct use cases.